Sunday, May 26, 2013

Taming that Beast


It’s a huge stigma on the ease of entry in to the music and entertainment industry. It makes most people with the desire discouraged. I am here to say stop that. Everyone has talent. It’s from deep inside of you and it’s your prerogative to make it. The issue is how to do it. I hate when someone tells me what to do and never says how. So lets look at a few ways to intrude on the entertainment industry.

First, You need to network. I don’t mean just get on your most popular network and cyber stalk, I mean Go to events in your industry. Get out of your bed. Put a smile one your face and talk to people. You never know whom you are sitting next to. I actually had a friend that used to say, “ If your not networking you are one step away from not working”. That is so true.

Be a confident artist. They say artist are sensitive to their artwork. Act like it. Show it and stand behind it. The sure way to get left behind is to me shy. If someone says draw something, pull your pen out of your pocket. I they say sing, blow our your best note. Those that make it are the ones that have no issue showing off their talent. Word of mouth is best stepping-stone. If no one has ever encountered your work then it cant be supported.

Broadcasting your self is HUGE! It can be how ever possible. You should start building your brand with something as simple as your Facebook profile. Most people fail to realize that social networks have become a professional tool. You can reach people anywhere in the world on these sites.  So watch what you say and what you post on these sites. You can get discovered on these sites. I went to a Tyler Perry Play and I was amazed by two of his singers. I bought the DVD just to hear them again. The most amazing thing was he had discovered them from YouTube.  If you need a few extra ideas you can find 14 ways to broadcast yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment