Sunday, September 1, 2013

Miley Cyrus…Management Disaster


The 20-year-old pop start got her start on the Disney channel show playing Hanna Montana. I must say myself the show was pretty awesome. I am saying this and I had no business sitting up watching it at the age of 21. That say a lot she was doing her thing. Like most Disney stars they have to figure out the perfect magic potion to successfully cross the threshold to successful music artist. Like those before her (Justin Timberlake, BritneySpears, Christina Aguilera) she did perfectly fine. She came out with a popular song to many called; “Party in the USA”. She gained respect and was liked by many.  She was even crafty enough to continue her hit show and maintain a music career. From a management stand point I would pat myself on the back. Its hard to get to people to stop looking at you as a sweet little girl and accept you dating and coming into your sex appeal. They managed to do that. Then things took a turn. Even myself as a fan of her career has grown confused.



In her new single “We Can’t Stop” she has defiantly taken a new leaf. My question is who, what, when, where and why?  The video was already a tad controversial but I like it. Her recent performance on the VMA’s crossed the line. The well-respected successful young lady we knew before looks a mess on stage.  I totally understand allowing the artist to grow up, but there is a way of taming the image. I’m not sure what the intention of this performance was but the results were negative. Was this a ploy for attention? I was asking where is her father who as been in the music industry if I were him I would drop my head in shame. Is she on something? If you ask me I think her and Chris brown has been smoking, shooting, or popping the same substance and they have rubbed off on one another. They are both running around looking like dirty orphans one a downward spiral. A year or two from now we will be wondering what happened to them. And if they make it through their careers will be behind them.

From a management standpoint, I believe in creating longevity. Careers that base on things like this are current short runs. Usher, JT, Mariah Carey and many others can hop on any stage and sell out right now! Can Bobby Brown? I guess that is the path her management is going for. I hope her Hanna Montana money doesn’t run out anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment