Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A closer look at Dawn Richards


The next few post I would like to take a look a specific artist and dissect their careers. Is there a chance for their career to turn around? Yes? No? Maybe? So today I want to take a look at Dawn Richards. She first hit the scene as a member of the quickly popular group Danity Kane. The group was forced together and soon fell apart.  This group formed on a MTV reality shows produced by P Diddy. She then went on to be apart of another Diddy project called Dirty Money. Her entire career and life has played out in front of the camera. From disappointments in the industry to relationships, the public has been watching every move. She has been very loyal to Bad Boy Records. Until recently, she has gone independent.

A lot of the time all you need is a foot in the door. So taking part in these two groups was an awesome foot in the door.  I also feel like timing is everything. She was way to loyal to Bad Boy. That is her personality. I am sure that will pay off for her in the future somewhere. Now she has broken from a label and gone independent. That gives her so much power right now. In an interview I recently read she openly states, “ This is a risky move and I know it”.  So she already knows she must play her cards right. In this time if I could talk with her right now I would advise her a few things

If I were you and I had been through, as much as she had I would have a pretty hefty guard up as well. But please let it down. I saw in the same interview she is going to use this as an opportunity to tell he story. This will be the perfect time because everyone is waiting to know you and connect with you. Don’t get so caught up in telling the story that you don’t make timeless pieces. Do make songs that connect with people not just tunes that dish dirt. Due to your public romance with your reality co- star “Q”. Place those relationships in the background and focus. Songs that join the independent single girl movement will be perfect for you right now! Lastly put all of your talents out there you are not a puppet anymore. We should see you burst through like an un-caged animal. I can see it. You are talented beyond measure.  This is your moment a new start.  No scandals, just hard work and grind. Very little collaboration at his point is best. Its time to hear from you take a break from helping on others work.

She is in the works of making a turn around. I look forward to her work. Who is Dawn Richards? We are about to find out. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like the design of your blog. It is very clean and pleasing to the eye. The color combination was a good choice and it has inspired me to re-invent mine.
    About your blog: I think artist really need to choose who they want to be before they get into the game. I can only imagine what they must feel when a label wants to sign them but they have changes in their music and style. Your blog talked about how Dawn went independent. I think that was a great choice because you have more creative control. Those who really like you will continue and will become faithful fans.

    Enrika M. Sissle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I completely agree! with her going independent I am super excited to see her shine!

    ReplyDelete